The objective of this project is to build a knowledgebase that would help to translate Micro-Manufacturing Technologies into tangible industrial benefits and to discover the benefits from their implementation in the organisations.
The main idea is to create a coherent training program that will allow the participants to improve the methodology and systems for Micro-Manufacturing that implies design, development and manufacturing of miniaturised products in aluminium, titanium, steel, polymers, ceramics or any other new material available on MMT.
The specific goals that the project wants to achieve are to enable:
• the product operating companies to develop new miniaturised parts/components exploiting the gained knowledge on the state of the art MNT boundaries
• the technology operating companies to optimise their processes
• the system which integrates the whole set of critical technical parameters and its combination, which affects directly to the Quality of the parts, from the design and manufacturing phases to the postprocess:
1. Design requirements for manufacturability of miniaturised products
2. Material: combination of metal, powder, plastics, silicon
3. Process: equipment, additive or subtractive processes
5. The implementation of new business models based on customer needs, data capture design, logistics and manufacturing possibilities.